Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from a 1950's BHG cook book
Make and share this Tenderloin Noodle Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces dry noodles
- 6 slices thick pork tenderloin, 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese (3 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pimiento, chopped
- Cook 6 ounces (about 3 cups) noodles in boiling salted water;drain.
- slowly brown six 1/2 inches slices pork tenderloin on both sides in hot fat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Make BLUE CHEESE SAUCE: Melt 3 tablespoons butter;blend in 3 tablespoons all purpose flour, 3/4 tsp salt and dash of pepper.
- Stir in 1 cup of Milk.
- Cook and stir till thick.
- Add 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (3 ounces); stir till cheese melts.
- Combine noodles, sauce and 3 tbs.
- each chopped green pepper and chopped pimiento.
- Place in 10X6X1-1/2 baking dish.
- Arrange meat on top.
- Bake at 350 about 30 minutes or till done.
This is delicious. Thank you for sharing as I lost my Mothers cookbook and this was the first real dinner I prepared as a young girl! It is a rich and yummy dish?