This was in my Southern Living Christmas Cookbook. A wonderful romantic dinner for two. Serve with white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a medium skillet until hot.
- 2Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper to your taste on both sides.
- 3Sear both sides of the fillet in the hot skillet with oil.
- 4Remove from skillet and place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- 5Broil 5 1/2 inches from the heat for 5 min on each side or until 145ºF is reached for medium-rare.
- 6Add brandy to drippings in the skillet and bring to a boil stirring to loosen any browned bits on the bottom.
- 7Add minced garlic, crushed peppercorns, oregano, and salt - cook for 1 minute.
- 8Add whipping cream and bring to a boil, and cook 6 min or until sauce is reduced by half.
- 9Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream.
- 10Spoon over the fillets.
- 11Serve with hot white rice.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tenderloin for Two With Peppercorn Cream
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.8
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 113.4 mg
- Sodium 183.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef tenderloin fillets