Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This was in my Southern Living Christmas Cookbook. A wonderful romantic dinner for two. Serve with white rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) beef tenderloin fillets
- 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon multicolored peppercorn, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet until hot.
- Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper to your taste on both sides.
- Sear both sides of the fillet in the hot skillet with oil.
- Remove from skillet and place on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Broil 5 1/2 inches from the heat for 5 min on each side or until 145ºF is reached for medium-rare.
- Add brandy to drippings in the skillet and bring to a boil stirring to loosen any browned bits on the bottom.
- Add minced garlic, crushed peppercorns, oregano, and salt - cook for 1 minute.
- Add whipping cream and bring to a boil, and cook 6 min or until sauce is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sour cream.
- Spoon over the fillets.
- Serve with hot white rice.
I have had this recipe saved on my counter since 2007 when I printed it out! This is delicious in every way, you will not be disappointed. We have served it with a variety of sides and it has never failed to please. I am so glad to find it on here and add it to my cookbook!