Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious!Combination of two of our favorite foods.
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter or 10 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion (white and green parts)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (low sodium) or 1 teaspoon tamari (low sodium)
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs beef tenderloin
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 cup beef broth
- salt, to taste (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- In small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, green onions, mustard and soy sauce or tamari.
- In a 13x9" baking or roasting pan, arrange beef and evenly spread the mustard mixture.
- Bake uncovered 15 minutes.
- Decrease heat to 400º and bake 45 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a 12" skillet, melt remaining 6 tablespoons butter or margarine over med-high heat and cook mushrooms, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in onions and cook, stirring occasionally, 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in sherry and hot pepper sauce, if using, and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth and simmer 5 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve sauce over sliced beef.
My husband makes this for us, and it is excellent! A very special dish, and if he can do it, anyone can. A wonderful dish.