Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
This is a terrific salad for a main dish. This is a low-carb meal that would fit in with anyone on the Atkins diet.
- 4 (8 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks (filet mignon)
- seasoning salt
- 2 lbs romaine lettuce hearts, torn into pieces
- 1 cup caesar crouton (or your homemade croutons)
- 1 cup caesar salad dressing
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Season steaks liberally with seasoned salt; grill medium-rare to medium.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl; add croutons and mix with dressing until greens are well-coated; divide the salad among four chilled plates.
- Slice each steak into six pieces; place meat on the center of each salad; garnish with tomato and sprinkle with the cheese.
I just love steak and salad and this is a wonderful recipe. Used strip steaks and marinated them in olive oil and Montreal Steak seasoning for about an hour before grilling. Made Good Seasons Caesar salad dressing to top it with, which has become my favorite lately. Thanks for posting!
Very good. I used our favorite Caesar dressing, Brianna's, and it worked out well on it.
What a delightful lunch! I made as directed using recipe#9113 for the dressing. I did not have any croÃ»tons on hand, but will be sure to use them the next time I make this salad! Thank you, Hey Jude!