Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another one of those recipes I have had for years, they are so tender and delicious. You can add berries, orange peel or a mashed up banana and a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter, You can't go wrong with these lovely light and tender pancakes. We have them often.
- In measuring cup; mix together warm water, 1 tsp sugar and the yeast,.
- set aside and let bubble.
- Sift; flour, baking powder, baking soda , 2 teaspoons sugar, salt and if using;
- cinnamon, or peel.
- Mix; 3 beaten eggs with oil, buttermilk, yeast mixture and vanilla.
- Note; its best if you have the eggs and buttermilk at room temperature.
- Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients mix til blended., Can add fruit
- at this time, the batter will be thick.
- Ladle 1/2 cup portions onto a hot griddle and cook til lightly brown on both sides.
- This batter can be used right away or kept in the frig. overnight.
Tender is right, this are so light and tender and easy to make. I did add both cinnamon AND nutmeg to mine and then served with Holiday Cranberry butter (Holiday Cranberry Butter) and real warm Maple syrup with hot coffee and bacon. A very special and tasty breakfast. I've made many different recipes for pancakes and this has to be one of the best. Made for Spring PAC 2014