Recipe by Baby Kato
You will be surprised at how elegant and delicious this quick and easy dish really is. The veal makes a wonderful meal served with noodles and fresh peas.
Top Review by Heydarl
I thought this was a lovely meal. The flavour of the sauce was great & veal was a nice change. Everything came together very quickly & was easy to prepare. I served with steamed vegies. Thanks for sharing. Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap August 2008
- 4 loin veal chops
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, black,fresh ground
- 2⁄3 cup white wine, dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons thyme, leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chives
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- note: fresh herbs are preferred, but you may substitute with dried.
- Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper.
- Saute chops in butter until browned on both sides.
- Remove from frying pan and keep warm.
- With wine deglaze pan.
- Add garlic and fresh thyme, rosemary and chives to pan.
- Return veal to pan, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add cream and cranberry sauce to pan and heat on low until sauce gets hot and thickens slightly.
- Spoon sauce over chops and enjoy.