Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You will be surprised at how elegant and delicious this quick and easy dish really is. The veal makes a wonderful meal served with noodles and fresh peas.
- note: fresh herbs are preferred, but you may substitute with dried.
- Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper.
- Saute chops in butter until browned on both sides.
- Remove from frying pan and keep warm.
- With wine deglaze pan.
- Add garlic and fresh thyme, rosemary and chives to pan.
- Return veal to pan, cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add cream and cranberry sauce to pan and heat on low until sauce gets hot and thickens slightly.
- Spoon sauce over chops and enjoy.
I thought this was a lovely meal. The flavour of the sauce was great & veal was a nice change. Everything came together very quickly & was easy to prepare. I served with steamed vegies. Thanks for sharing. Made for Aus/NZ Recipe Swap August 2008
Very tender and good. When I flipped the chops I added the garlic, fresh herbs and 4 ounces of mixed mushrooms. Cook for a couple minutes then deglazed while chops were still in pan. Adding the cranberry sauce which took a bit of time melting then added the cream. You may want to microwave the cranberry sauce to melt then add to pan. Served with polenta. Veal is expensive so you may think of making this with turkey breast sliced. Thanks