Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tender little ground turkey patties in a savory sauce. Delicious served over buttered egg noodles or rice. A family pleasing recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs (about 4 slices bread)
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds (crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a large bowl, mix ground turkey, grate fresh bread to make bread crumbs.
- Add fennel, sage, allspice, egg and 2 teaspoons salt. With well floured hands, shape turkey mixture into 2 inch balls and flatten balls into patties. Heat oil in skillet and cook several patties at a time till browned on both sides, adding more oil if needed cooking in batches. Remove turkey medallions to covered platter to keep warm and make sauce. Into same pan, add the shallots, and cook 2-3 minutes till tender, then stir in broth, beef boullion granules (or beef base concentrate) brown sugar and wine to deglaze, scraping up the browned bits and add garlic, salt and pepper to taste; let sauce simmer a few minutes, then add cornstarch slurry and continue simmering, stirring constantly to thicken. Whisk butter into sauce to smoothen out and make velvety; taste to correct seasonings. Pour sauce over turkey patties and serve over noodles or rice.