1/8 Photos of Tender Stuffed Chicken Breast Filled With Mushrooms, Spinach
This chicken is filled with mushrooms, onions, spinach, and garlic. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (3/4 lb) chicken breasts, butterflied
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces onions, diced
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic for 4 minutes. Add spinach and wine cook until wine is evaporated.
- 3Season with thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper and allow to cool.
- 4Place chicken between plastic wrap and pound thin.
- 5Season both sides of breast with salt and pepper.
- 6Add egg to stuffing and place half the stuffing in each breast.
- 7Fold over to encase stuffing and tie with butcher's twine to hold the stuffing in place.
- 8Dredge each of the chicken breast with the flour.
- 9Heat butter and the last 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- 10Brown chicken on all sides 5-10 minutes.
- 11Place into a hot oven for 15 minutes.
- 12Remove string before serving.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tender Stuffed Chicken Breast Filled With Mushrooms, Spinach
Serving Size: 1 (564 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 916.9
- Calories from Fat 482
- Total Fat 53.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 326.1 mg
- Sodium 334.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 78.4 g