1/2 Photos of Tender Sour Cream Sweet Dough
2 hrs 10 mins
This dough is extremely versatile. You can use it the same day or refrigerate for up to 3 days.It is rich, sweet, tender and easy to work with. I get compliments on it no matter what I use it for - cinnamon buns, filled braids, yeasted coffee cakes, whatever you can imagine. I sometimes use maple extract or orange extract instead of vanilla to match the filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve 1 tbsp sugar in the warm water in a small bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water. Do not stir. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir briefly with a fork, cover and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbly.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the 3 cups of flour, remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar, and the salt. Add the slightly firm butter and continue to mix until meal-size crumbs form, about 2 to 4 minutes depending upon the temperature of the butter.
- 3Mix together the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add the sour cream mixture to the flour along with the dissolved yeast, and mix on low until a rough dough is formed. Dough will be soft and sticky. You may need to add a little flour to make it handle-able but add as little as possible or else the dough will become tough.
- 4Lightly butter a medium bowl. Turn the dough into the prepared bowl, smoothing the top with lightly floured hands. Brush the top lightly with a small amount of softened butter. Cover and let rise for 45-60 minutes at room temperature. ***For later use: cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days. When ready to use, let it come to room temperature and finish rising.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tender Sour Cream Sweet Dough
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.5
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 315.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g