Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Searing the meat helps hold in the juices. This recipe was published in the Parade magazine some time ago. Cooking time includes "resting" time.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- With the top of a sharp knife, make deep little slits all over the tenderloin and insert the garlic slivers.
- Season with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Place the oil in an oven-proof skillet and sear the tenderloin well over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes, turning the meat over as it browns.
- Add the chicken broth and white wine to the pan, and place it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove it and let it rest, covered with foil, for 10-12 minutes before carving. It will continue to cook as it sits.
- Slice and serve immediately.
This was a delightfully simple, fast and scrumptious dish. I highly recommend it!