How To Get Tender Pork Chops (Chinese Method). This helps to tenderize chops for use in other recipes. Overnight soak is not included in times.
- If you use thinner chops, use less than 1 Tbs per chop. Also, make sure there is enough water to cover them, using a deeper dish rather than a shallow one.
- Place meat in a dish and cover with water. Remove meat and stir roughly 4 level Tbs of baking soda into the water.
- Put meat back in and soak (in refrigerator) overnight.
- Rinse THOROUGHLY and cook.
- Oriental restaurants have been using this for years.
- They can offer cuts of lesser quality as prime pieces.