Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I'm posting this as a reply to someone who was looking for tender pork chops without using a crock pot. I've had this recipe for so long, probably even before there WERE crock pots! (BTW - this recipe can also be made in a crock pot.)
- 4 center-cut pork chops
- 21.26 g package brown gravy mix
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 283.49 g can water
- 3-4 potatoes, peeled, cut in half
- 1 onion, sliced, cut in quarters
- Brown pork chops in frying pan. I like to sprinkle with seasoned salt, seasoned pepper and a small amount of garlic salt when browning.
- Remove from pan and place in casserole dish.
- Mix brown gravy mix, soup, and water.
- Place potatoes and onion around pork chops; cover all with gravy mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
This recipe suggests 30 minutes prep time--it sure didn't take me that long, especially when using unpeeled smaller red potatoes (cut up). I'm still not a big fan of recipes using creamed soups, but this one does taste good and makes almost an entire meal--very convenient when time or effort is short. While those three submitted photos look nice and clean, my gravy bubbled over in the oven. You might want to put something underneath the casserole dish. Thanks, Claudia.
Soooooo good! I used cream of chicken soup because I dont like the taste of cream of mushroom. Added 1/2 cup ketchup and 1/2 cup of sour cream. Only 1/2 can water. I put carrots and baby red potatos on bottom of crock pot. 6 boneless pork chops, and sauce on top. Cooked in crock for 8 hours on low.
This came out sooo good! I did make a couple of changes to the recipe, but nothing big. After reading some of the reviews and knowing how salty packaged gravy can be, I omitted the garlic salt and used garlic powder instead. I didn't have any brown gravy, so I used herbed gravy. Pretty much the same as brown gravy with some extra spices. I also added cut up carrots. It came out great! So tender and yummy, my family loved it!