Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from the Young Times magazine and was submitted by Sumaiya Yahya, a 13 yr. old from Pakistan. Hope you like it!
- Preheat oven to 230C.
- With a little oil, grease 6 popover tins or individual baking tins.
- Take a medium-sized bowl.
- Sift together the flour and salt in it.
- Make a well in the center.
- Add the eggs to the well.
- Beat the eggs at medium speed, drawing in the flour from the edges of the bowl to get a smooth and thick mixture.
- Add the milk, gradually, to get a smooth batter.
- Now, carefully pour the batter in the prepared tins.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180C.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- With the tip of a sharp knife, pierce each popover to allow the hot steam to escape.
- Serve hot.