1/1 Photo of Tender Oven Baked Pork Chops
3 hrs 30 mins
Jill L. "Margaritta Lover"'s Note:
This recipe is foolproof. The pork chops turn out VERY tender. I have tried many other recipes for pork chops in the oven, and I always go back to this tried and true recipe of mine. My husband eats about 3 or 4 chops every time I make it. He also makes sure to tell me to make enough for leftovers. Make sure to buy pork chops with the bone. The bones add more flavor, and the meat is more moist. I would also suggest to NOT buy "thin" cut pork chops. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 pork chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1 medium onion
- 2 7/8 ounces mccormicks dry pork gravy mix
- 1/4 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet, gravy darkener
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- paula deen's house seasoning
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) container fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Italian dressing (optional)
- 1Take pork chops and season both sides generously with Lawry's Seasoning Salt and Paula Deen's House Seasoning.
- 2If you do not have Paula Deen's Seasoning you can make your own by mixing 1 cup of salt with 1/4 cup of pepper and 1/4 cup of garlic powder. You can put it in a shaker bottle and use for up to 6 months.
- 3Melt 1/4 cup of the margarine in a large frying pan. On medium to medium high heat, brown the chops on both sides. So they have a pretty brown color to them. About 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- 4Spray a roaster pan with cooking spray.
- 5Slice up a medium size onion and layer the bottom of the roaster pan.
- 6Layer the browned up chops over the onion. DO NOT let the chops overlap. It is important that they are in a single layer.
- 7In a separate mixing bowl, mix together the water, dry gravy mix, gravy darkener and the cream of mushroom soup. Season this to taste with the Lawry's Seasoning Salt and Paula Deen House Seasoning.
- 8Pour this mixture over the pork chops.
- 9Melt the last 1/4 cup of butter in the frying pan, and saute the thinly sliced fresh mushrooms. I season them with salt and pepper and a splash of Italian dressing.
- 10Put a pile of the mushrooms on the top of each of the pork chops. Or you can also just mix the sauteed mushrooms in with the gravy. I have done it both ways.
- 11Bake COVERED at 300°F for two and a half hours. Do not remove the cover at all while baking.
- 12The gravy thickens up on its own. Just serve pork chops on a platter accompanied with homemade mashed potatoes, vegetable and salad.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tender Oven Baked Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (404 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.5
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 533.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 42.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pork gravy mix