Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Tender and tangy just like the name says.
- 3⁄4-1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Combine the first nine ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cut ribs into serving-size pieces; brown in skillet in oil. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until tender.
I found this recipe in my Taste of Home Slow Cooker book and we tried it tonight. I thought the ribs were excellent and they were sooooo tender. The only change I made was to reduce the vinegar to 1/2 C as I was afraid it would be too strong using more vinegar. For us, this was perfect so I would leave that change in place. Thanks for posting.
DH and I enjoyed this. I made it without paprika because I didn't have any, and it was still good. Next time I might put a rub on this after its done cooking and before I eat it.
I have loved this recipe for years...can't remember where I originally found it though. Thank you so much for posting it as it is a family favorite!