Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
Moist chicken with a zesty lemon flavor.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery, with leaves
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- In dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil.
- Add chicken and brown lightly.
- Add next 6 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover tightly, and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add more broth if needed.
- Remove chicken.
- Mix cornstarch and water, add, stirring to pan.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Return chicken and turn to coat.
This was an excellent chicken dinner. I made it the night before and warmed it up for lunch. served the chicken with rice and a veg.