Recipe by Kim127
I haven't tried this yet, but with spring coming and me ordering seeds, I start looking around for recipes I can use once the garden starts producing.
Top Review by Shuzbud
This was a lovely change to our usual plain green beans! I love anything with pancetta in it so this is a winner for me. I went easy on the crushed red pepper as we don't like things too spicy and the flavour was lovely. Thanks very much.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup diced pancetta (or other lean bacon)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring pot of salted water to boil.
- Drop beans in boiling water and cook until crisp/tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Drain and pat dry.
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta, garlic and red pepper until bacon is slightly crisp (about 5 minutes).
- Add beans and cook, stirring constantly, until beans are hot.
- Stir in salt and serve.