Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine the onion powder, garlic powder and oregano; sprinkle over pork chops.
- In a small saucepan, combine the apricot preserves, lime juice and lemon juice; cook and stir over low heat for 10 minutes or until preserves are melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on one side. Turn chops; generously brush with apricot glaze. Cook 8-10 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
- Serve with remaining glaze.
This didn't go well with my family. They told me they didn't like fruit on there meat. I wondered while making this, but then I thought the complimentary spices would take away from the sweet of the preserves. Apparently not enough. I"m giving this 4 stars b/c I'm not saying that it wasn't a great taste and flavor (I don't eat meat and so can't say) and really just personal preferences here. Made for KK's Mini-Cook-a-Thon.
Made for KK's Forum Mini Cookathon. I used some pork chops I had purchased for stuffing but never got around to it, needless to say they were quite thick. Even with this these made up into very nice and tasty chops, and the sauce is devine. Thank You for a lovely recipe.
We LOVED this! I wish I had the perfect timing for cooking pork chops since I always seem to overcook them, however, this sauce was super amazing! My 3 and 5 year old adored them! My husband is fighting over the leftovers...and I guess he wins. I increased the seasoning and filleted my chops so they were nice and thin. Lovely!