Prep 8 hrs 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Quick Cooking (2001) and credited to Gayle Bucknam. This is a great marinade; I used it for beef & veggie kabobs that I served at a Sunday afternoon BBQ--very flavorful and kept my steak pieces soft and delicious! Prep time includes 8 hours to marinate.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb flank steak (one large piece, not individual steaks)
- In large, resealable plastic bag, or shallow glass container, combine the first seven ingredients and mix well.
- Add steak, turn to coat.
- Seal bag, or cover container, and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot coals for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until meat reaches desired doneness.
Very nice flavor, we will be making this again.
Gotta love TOH - I found this there as well and my family loves it.
I too found this recipe from Quick Cooking and I use it all the time. This is one of our favorite recipes and it will definately be passed down to my kids for their own cookbooks when they are older.