Recipe by truebrit
These are easy to make, and soooo delicious! There is no need to brown the meatballs first, so the recipe is fuss-free! I often prepare this when I'm expecting company, as a batch goes a long way. Serve with spaghetti and some fresh-baked bread, and you're all set! If desired, use half and freeze half for later use. (Just thaw overnight, and heat through before serving.)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sauce ingredients in crock pot, stirring well.
- In a large bowl, mix together the meatball ingredients.
- Form into balls, and drop into sauce.
- (Pat first layer down into the sauce before adding another layer).
- Place lid on crock pot, and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- Skim grease from surface with a ladle, then stir before serving.