1/2 Photos of Tender Crisp Balsamic Sesame Asparagus
I love asparagus and have gotten picky kids to eat asparagus cooked this way. Takes less than 10 minutes start to finish and the result is a decadant and flavorful bright green veggie. Yum. I'd eat this every night for dinner if DH would go for it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive and sesame oils together in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Meanwhile, cut tough ends off the asparagus and wash. Let dry for a few seconds on a paper towel.
- 3Place asparagus spears in hot oil all spread out so they are not on top of each other. Roll spears around to coat with oil, then add balsamic vinegar and roll again.
- 4Sprinkle salt and pepper over spears and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, rolling spears around in pan once or twice for even cooking.
- 5Add water and turn down heat to medium low. Cover and let steam until tender crisp. Do not overcook. Spears should be a bright green color. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds if you desire. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tender Crisp Balsamic Sesame Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.4 g