Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
I love asparagus and have gotten picky kids to eat asparagus cooked this way. Takes less than 10 minutes start to finish and the result is a decadant and flavorful bright green veggie. Yum. I'd eat this every night for dinner if DH would go for it.
Top Review by Sue Lau
This is very good and an easy way to get asparagus to the table quickly. I'll probably double the sesame oil next time, however since it didn't stand out as well as I would have liked. Thanks for sharing! Made for Every Day's a Holiday Tag. ~Lorie
- 1 lb asparagus (1 bundle)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive and sesame oils together in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, cut tough ends off the asparagus and wash. Let dry for a few seconds on a paper towel.
- Place asparagus spears in hot oil all spread out so they are not on top of each other. Roll spears around to coat with oil, then add balsamic vinegar and roll again.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over spears and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, rolling spears around in pan once or twice for even cooking.
- Add water and turn down heat to medium low. Cover and let steam until tender crisp. Do not overcook. Spears should be a bright green color. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds if you desire. Serve immediately.