Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Makes a nice tender roast in the crockpot.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast, trimmed (or similar cut of beef)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄3 cup chopped bell pepper, any color
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 1⁄4 ounces tomato paste
- 3⁄4-1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon grape jam
- 3⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Place beef in the crockpot with onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
- In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients; whisk together well. Pour over meat in the crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until desired doneness is reached.
This was yummy. I followed the directions, with a few exceptions; I had already chopped carrots,celery,peppers,& onions and had tossed them into the pot w/ the roast, when I decided to check Recipezaar for ideas. I stumbled on yours,and it was great. Surprise company came over & joined us for dinner...everyone raved about it and ate it all!! Will DEFINATELY make this again!
Nice recipe for a day I wanted to serve a roast, but it was so hot I didn't relish the idea of having the oven on. Thanks for posting!