Recipe by Chef Nichol
This is my own take on a very tender chicken fried steak. I really love to make delicious comfort food for my family and my husband requests this one all the time! Easy and super yummy! Excellent with mashed potatoes and homemade gravy.
- 4 pieces cube steaks
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons Crisco cooking oil, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix one cup of the flour with the salt, pepper and Lawry's.
- Pour into a Ziplock bag and place one piece of meat in also.
- Close bag and make sure all air is out.
- Take the rim of a small plate and flatten out the meat, making sure to get plenty of the flour pounded into the steak.
- Beat the eggs and milk together in one dish and use remaining flour in another dish.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Dip floured meat into the egg mix then the flour and place in the frying pan.
- Repeat until all pieces are coated.
- Fry about 7-10 minutes and flip.
- Fry another 5-7 minutes until no longer pink in the middle.
- Drain on paper towels if you would like.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, homemade gravy and a veggie!