Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This chicken is so wonderfully tender and tasty it just melts in your mouth. We always serve one chicken breast between 2 people but of course you can adjust the recipe quantities to suit your appetite.
- 1 skinless chicken breast, cut in half lengthways
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and spray with cooking oil spray.
- Add the garlic and cook gently, do not brown.
- Add the chicken and cook until chicken is just about cooked through, turning regularly so both sides cook evenly.
- Add the wine, tomato paste and herbs.
- Stir so that the paste mixes into the wine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Add the spinach leaves and mix through so they just wilt then quickly remove from the heat.
- Serve the chicken with spinach leaves on top and sauce drizzled over the spinach.
- Nice served with steamed broccoli and pasta or potatoes.
I made this recipe last night & used 5 chicken breasts & doubled the other quantities .I served it on jasmine rice . It was very tasty & very easy to make
Super easy and very tasty! I added chilli peppers for a li'l pizzaz... loved it!
In a moment of "let's-use-what's-in-the-fridge," I subbed about a 1/2 c. of leftover tomato soup (simple Campbell's style) for the tomato paste and sprinkled some grated parmesan cheese on both sides of the chicken. I used only 1/2 c. red wine and simmered for 10 minutes (5 on each side). Chicken was tender, juicy and quite tastey. *I didn't add the spinach because I was trying something else as a side dish, but next time, I definitely will!