Recipe by dale!
This chicken is so wonderfully tender and tasty it just melts in your mouth. We always serve one chicken breast between 2 people but of course you can adjust the recipe quantities to suit your appetite.
- 1 skinless chicken breast, cut in half lengthways
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and spray with cooking oil spray.
- Add the garlic and cook gently, do not brown.
- Add the chicken and cook until chicken is just about cooked through, turning regularly so both sides cook evenly.
- Add the wine, tomato paste and herbs.
- Stir so that the paste mixes into the wine.
- Bring to a simmer and cook about 5 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through.
- Add the spinach leaves and mix through so they just wilt then quickly remove from the heat.
- Serve the chicken with spinach leaves on top and sauce drizzled over the spinach.
- Nice served with steamed broccoli and pasta or potatoes.