Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Egg and cheese omelets are my favorite kinds. Got this from a Cabot cheese pamphlet.
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated light cheddar cheese
- In medium bowl, whisk egg substitute, egg and hot sauce together until very frothy.
- In large, nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat vegetable juice.
- Add green onions and pepper.
- Cook, stirring until onions are tender but not browned.
- Reduce heat to low and add egg mixture.
- When nearly set, distribute cheese over half.
- Fold omelet in half and slip onto warm serving plate.
- Cut into four portions.