1/3 Photos of Tender Beef Smothered in Stilton Cheese Sauce
Baby Kato's Note:
I love simple and easy to make dishes that present well, this one is a keeper. The lovely sauce enhances this tasty, beef dish. I hope that you will enjoy this treasure.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, thick slices, 1 1/2 - 2-inch
- 3.69-4.92 ml sea salt, coarse
- 2.46 ml pink peppercorns or 2.46 ml red peppercorns, freshly ground
- 0.59 ml nutmeg, freshly ground
- 22.18 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml shallots, french, finely, chopped
- 14.79 ml onion, sweet, finely, chopped
- 236.59 ml dry white wine
- 118.29 ml hard cream (whipping cream)
- 118.29 ml Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Sprinkle salt and pepper on the beef.
- 2In a frying pan, heat the oil on medium high heat, till the pan is hot and add the tenderloins, cooking (3 - 4 minutes for rare) (5 - 6 minutes per side for medium/rare - medium).
- 3Remove the beef and cover loosely to keep warm.
- 4Add the shallots, onion and wine to a small pan and boil until it has reduced to 1/4 cup.
- 5Now slowly add the whipping cream, boil the mixture again for about 10 minutes, until the mixture has been reduced by half.
- 6Next reduce your heat to low and very slowly, a little at a time, whisk in the cheese until it is all melted.
- 7Once the cheese has melted stir in the nutmeg and parsley.
- 8Spoon the sauce over the beef and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tender Beef Smothered in Stilton Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.1
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.6 g
- Cholesterol 185.2 mg
- Sodium 769.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 36.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: