Recipe by Baby Kato
I love simple and easy to make dishes that present well, this one is a keeper. The lovely sauce enhances this tasty, beef dish. I hope that you will enjoy this treasure.
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
Yummy! The Stilton cheese sauce really brings this steak up a notch. The steaks were tender and juicy and the sauce was delicious with just enough tanginess from the Stilton cheese. Easy to make and elegant enough for company. Made for December 2012 Aus/NZ Swap.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, thick slices, 1 1/2 - 2-inch
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon sea salt, coarse
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pink peppercorns or 1⁄2 teaspoon red peppercorns, freshly ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, french, finely, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, sweet, finely, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup hard cream (whipping cream)
- 1⁄2 cup Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the beef.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil on medium high heat, till the pan is hot and add the tenderloins, cooking (3 - 4 minutes for rare) (5 - 6 minutes per side for medium/rare - medium).
- Remove the beef and cover loosely to keep warm.
- Add the shallots, onion and wine to a small pan and boil until it has reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Now slowly add the whipping cream, boil the mixture again for about 10 minutes, until the mixture has been reduced by half.
- Next reduce your heat to low and very slowly, a little at a time, whisk in the cheese until it is all melted.
- Once the cheese has melted stir in the nutmeg and parsley.
- Spoon the sauce over the beef and enjoy.