Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love simple and easy to make dishes that present well, this one is a keeper. The lovely sauce enhances this tasty, beef dish. I hope that you will enjoy this treasure.
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks, thick slices, 1 1/2 - 2-inch
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon sea salt, coarse
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pink peppercorns or 1⁄2 teaspoon red peppercorns, freshly ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, french, finely, chopped
- 1 tablespoon onion, sweet, finely, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup hard cream (whipping cream)
- 1⁄2 cup Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the beef.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil on medium high heat, till the pan is hot and add the tenderloins, cooking (3 - 4 minutes for rare) (5 - 6 minutes per side for medium/rare - medium).
- Remove the beef and cover loosely to keep warm.
- Add the shallots, onion and wine to a small pan and boil until it has reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Now slowly add the whipping cream, boil the mixture again for about 10 minutes, until the mixture has been reduced by half.
- Next reduce your heat to low and very slowly, a little at a time, whisk in the cheese until it is all melted.
- Once the cheese has melted stir in the nutmeg and parsley.
- Spoon the sauce over the beef and enjoy.
Yummy! The Stilton cheese sauce really brings this steak up a notch. The steaks were tender and juicy and the sauce was delicious with just enough tanginess from the Stilton cheese. Easy to make and elegant enough for company. Made for December 2012 Aus/NZ Swap.
This tastes delicous! Instructions were easy to follow and worked out well! I made two steaks with the whole sauce reciepe. Couldnt find stilton (live in a small town) so used a mild blue cheese. A rich tasty treat for steak! Thanks for a great recipe.
I ate this while watching American Idol....not sure if I became emotional because of the absolute deliciousness of this steak or because the group of contestants were singing Sweet Home Alabama (great memories)! This is phenomenal.....wonderful for a special occasion or when you want to treat yourself. I halved the recipe, but made all the sauce.....love stilton! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!!