Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
i was looking for a low fat way to make a delicious roast and this is so easy!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons i can't believe its not butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- season roast with salt and pepper on both sides making sure to rub it in really good with a spoon or your hands.
- Place in a roasting pan.
- pour chicken stock around the roast.
- Spray about 8 sprays of butter spray onto the top of your roast.
- Cook in a 350 degree oven for about an hour and a half.
- Make sure to let the roast rest for at least ten minutes before serving so all of the juices don't run out.
- Place the pan on top of the stove on a burner set to medium heat.
- Add two tbs of butter and two tbs of flour and let cook for one minute.
- Add one 14 oz can of chicken stock whisking constantly until all flour lumps are gone.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over roast.
What an easy and delicious Pot Roast! Tender and tasty! I served it with Laughing Cow Mashed Potatoes and Basic Gravy (W/O Pan Drippings) for a great lo-fat meal that everyone raved about. Thanks for posting RosyChk11. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game.