Top Review by Bergy
This is a very tasty recipe - not just good in the tummy but kind to the eyes as well great blend of color from the different veggies. The chicken stock gives additional flavor to the rice I did not put in the pineapple and could only find brown mushrooms but they were excellent Thanks Dancer for another wonderful recipe
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1⁄3 cup diced and peeled carrot
- 1⁄3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup small broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup sliced straw mushrooms or 1⁄2 cup shitake mushroom
- 1⁄3 cup snow peas, finely diced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh peas or 1⁄3 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1⁄3 cup diced yellow squash
- 1⁄3 cup asparagus spear, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the rice and stock in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Set the mixture aside.
- Spray a wok or large non-stick pan with cooking spray.
- Saute the garlic and ginger over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the onions and carrots and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers, broccoli, and mushrooms, and stir-fry for 1 minute longer.
- Add the snow peas, green peas, pineapple, squash, and asparagus, and stir-fry for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice, scallions, cilantro, and white pepper, and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until everything is well combined.
- Serve immediately.