Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made up tonight when dinner went wrong. Served with grilled tomato and cheese sandwiches.
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1⁄4 onion, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (or tomato paste(I was out)
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (optional for serving)
- Heat oil over medium high, cook onions and garlic until tender.
- Add tomatoes, stock and herbs.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Add corn starch or tomato paste if too thin.
- Serve with sour cream.