Recipe by littleturtle
Easy taco salad made with ground beef, lettuce, shredded cheese, tomatoes, and olives. Good hot or cold.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 28 ounces lettuce, shredded
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 ounces tortilla chips, coarsely broken (aprox 2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 ounce unbroken tortilla chips, to garnish (12 chips)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, brown ground beef with garlic, chili powder and salt, stirring occasionally (5 minutes); then drain off excess fat.
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef with lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cheese, olives, tortilla chips, and dressing (mix well).
- Serve hot or cover and refrigerate.
- Just before serving, garnish with avocado and tortilla chips.