Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from Mr Food PREPARATION TIP: Watch the scallops carefully, because, in seconds, the broiler can take them from golden to brown to burned.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lb sea scallops
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, and garlic; mix well.
- Sprinkle the scallops with pepper and place on the baking sheet.
- Spoon the bread crumb mixture evenly over the scallops and broil for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the topping is golden and the scallops are cooked through.
My DH and I liked these very much. However, I used the smaller bay scallops instead of sea scallops, so I think I will put the scallops in a small baking dish so that the topping is more compact.