Recipe by ellie_
I came across this recipe and thought it looked great for a harried week night supper. I also think this is very adaptable to what is on hand in the frige. Recipe source: Redbook (July 2005)
Top Review by LizP
This is a GREAT MEAL! I am doing Weight Watchers and I adapted it a little. I used Fat Free Ricotta Cheese and Barilla Plus pasta. The entire meal was only 7 points and tasted so delicious. This is going to be a regular meal, even when the diet is done.
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth or white wine)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 thin asparagus spears, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup summer yellow squash, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots (or other frozen mixed vegetables)
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes, halved (or left whole if small)
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- basil leaves, torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Over high heat heat a large pot of water to boiling.
- While water is heating up, in a food processor puree ricota, broth, butter, salt and pepper and then pour into a large serving bowl.
- Add pasta to boiling water, after 5 minutes add vegetables (asparagus, zucchini, squash and frozen peas and carrots) and finish cooking until pasta is done. Drain well.
- Toss pasta with vegetables and the reserved sauce. Add tomatoes, pine nuts, parmesan and basil and toss again.