Recipe by Kat
If you keep the right ingredients around, a pizza is only a few minutes away.
Top Review by Lisa Sorrell
I tried this recipe using a tortilla. The first few bites were really good, but then the center of the tortilla started to get really soggy from the tomato sauce. My kids gobbled it up, though! I will try it agin using a pita instead. Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 1 pita bread (or tortilla)
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 9 slices pepperoni
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mushrooms (optional) or 1⁄4 cup canned mushroom (optional)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄3 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Want pizza? It takes a few minutes! Here's the trick: keep pitas or tortillas, meat, and cheese in the freezer.
- You can freeze a 2 inch stick of pepperoni in the freezer, and cut off the amount you need with a good sharp, warm, knife.
- If you have a bag of shredded mozza in the freezer, it is easy to take only the amount you need.
- Always keep a can or jars of plain tomato sauce in the house (you can then use it for pasta or other meals too).
- Put tomato sauce on pita, put on basil and oregano, then cheese, then veggies, then meat.
- Stick it in the oven or toaster oven at 375F degrees for about 7 minutes (until done).
- Sometimes I make the original recipie with hot italian sausage.
- You can keep a link of italian sausage in the freezer.
- Just make sure you skin and cook it first (takes only a few minutes in a frying pan).
- A good snack or appetizer I make uses a tortilla, tomato sauce, basil, a little freshly ground pepper, and feta cheese.
- Simple, and tastes gourmet!