Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake is good plain or with ice cream.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- icing sugar
- Combine all of the above ingredients in a large bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Increase speed to high and beat for 3 minutes, scraping down bowl often with spatula.
- Pour batter into greased 9" square pan.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Let cool in pan until warm; dust with icing sugar.