Recipe by HRBristow
Muffins made healthy with ten-grain pancake mix.
Top Review by dkolack
Like the other reviewer, I made these as bars instead of muffins. I used regular whole wheat pancake mix and because I used 2 cups of zucchini, I added 1/2 cup of dry oatmeal so it wouldn't alter the texture. I sprinkled some extra brown sugar over the top before baking to give a sweet hint of crust. These are really fantastic!
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 2 cups ten-grain pancake mix
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup wild blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash zucchini and remove ends. Shred it using the largest holes on the grater.
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine pancake mix with spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, brown sugar, applesauce, and lemon juice.
- Fold the egg-sugar mixture and shredded zucchini into the pancake-spice mixture; do not overmix. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.