Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The mustard basting sauce gives this chicken and extra dimension of flavor, but if you prefer, you can omit it. You'll save a little money and you'll save the time it takes to mix it up.
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) chicken or 1 (3 1/2 lb) cut up chicken
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- Preheat grill.
- Combine paprika, pepper, celery salt, sugar, garlic powder, dry mustard, cayenne and lemon peel in a medium bowl.
- combine softened butter and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Rub all over chicken, including inside cavity if using whole.
- Rub chicken with paprika mixture all over, including under skin. Place chicken over low heat on grill.
- Combine broth, lemon juice and yellow mustard in a saucepan over low heat. Grill chicken, basting with broth mixture every 10 minutes, until juices run clear when meat is pierced with a knife, about 1 hour.