Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe comes from my niece. She is a teacher and loves to serve "quick and easy". This recipe will make about 12 servings, but you could cut it down if you like by using small cans of vegetables. You could also make it in a crockpot.
- 3 cans minestrone soup
- 2 cans Ro-Tel tomatoes, diced
- 2 cans ranch style beans
- 1 can black-eyed peas
- 1 can French style green bean, drained
- 1 can corn, whole,drained
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Brown hamburger and onion in a Dutch Oven.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until you are ready to serve (about 30 minutes).
It's good soup. I just didn't realise it was going to almost overfill my pot. It's very flexible; I substituted lentils for beans and added mushrooms... it's a very good soup (and my first pot ever, no less!)
Good soup. Easy to prepare. Filling. Keeper