Recipe by An_Net
This batter can be used for fish, prawn or vegetables e.g. onion rings, eggplant, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potatoes, green beans, asparagus spears or whatever else you desire. Its not as light as some and much easier to coat your ingredient. I serve over a bed of fried egg noodles and garnish with a red chili.
- 1 kg peeled green prawns or 1 kg fish or 1 kg vegetables, of choice
- 250 g cornflour
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 liter soda water
- chili sauce, to serve
- plum sauce, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Devein prawns or prepare vegetables. Keep in the fridge whilst preparing batter. Ensure your ingredient is dry before coating in batter.
- Mix cornflour, flour and baking powder together. Make a well in the centre and add soda water. Whisk well.
- Dip prawns or vegetables in batter and shallow fry in 1/2 cup hot oil or deep fry if preferred until lightly browned.
- Serve on a bed of fried noodles with chilli dipping sauce and plum sauce.
- Garnish with a chili flower.