Recipe by Yorie
Soba is the Japanese buckwheat noodles.Soba is very popular in Japan.There are inexpencive fast food at railway stations called name Tachigui soba where customers stand at a counter whi eating soba noodles. It's convenient when you're busy because you can be in and in a short period of time.Each dish costs between $2-$4 and the cheap price make it very popular with businessmen.
- 2 7⁄8 ounces dried soba noodles
- 1⁄2 gallon water, to boil
- 1⁄2 cup noodle soup base (x4 concentrate)
- 1 cup water, for noodles soup
- 2 jumbo shrimp
- 4 tablespoons tempura flour
- 3 tablespoons water
- chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- To make shrimp tempura pull off the outhershell.Keep the last segment of shell and tail tip on.
- Devein the back of shrimp with skewer.
- Make a couple of slits underside.Hold the shrimp with both hand bend it backward to make it straight.
- Heat the oil to 340F for tempura and boil the water in a large pot for boil noodles.
- In a bowl put tempura flour add cold water and stir it dont mix too much.
- When oil is getting close to 340F put some flour and coat the shrimp and dip it in batter and fry(usually 2-3min).
- Put soba noodle into the boiling water boil it until cooked(usually 5min).
- While boilling combine the noodle soup base and water if you want hot noodles,warm up it.
- Strain away the water, if you want to cold noodles rince them in running water.
- Serve the noodles and Tempura with green onion with wasabi,and mentsuyu.