Recipe by Aussie_Ang
These are good if you are having friends over for a drink.. Best cooked straight away. They are great served with sweet chili sauce, or a garlic sauce. Are great for a main meal.
- 1 kg green prawns (remove shells,leave tails on)
- 1 cup chilled soda water (or plain water)
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soda water and egg yolk in a large bowl.
- Then add the flours and baking soda.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk mixture until just combine but still lumpy.
- Dip the prawns in the mixture, coating well .
- Cook in hot oil for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place prawns on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- serve on there own or with a dipping sauce or serve as a meal with chips(fries) and salad.