Recipe by keen5
A great superbowl party treat! These saucy, sweet and sour wings will have them licking their fingers!
- 15 whole chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- oil, for deep-fat frying
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup currant jelly
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- Place cornstarch in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken wings, a few at a time and shake to coat evenly.
- Dip wings in eggs.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry wings for 8 minutes or until golden brown and juices un clear, turning occasionally.
- Drain on paper towels.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, jelly, soy sauce, ketchup and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Place chicken wings in a greased 15"x10"x1" baking pan.
- Pour half of the sauce over wings.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Turn wings; top with remaining sauce.
- Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and coating is set.