1 hr 5 mins
A great superbowl party treat! These saucy, sweet and sour wings will have them licking their fingers!
My Private Note
Dozen W ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section.
- 2Place cornstarch in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken wings, a few at a time and shake to coat evenly.
- 3Dip wings in eggs.
- 4In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375 degrees.
- 5Fry wings for 8 minutes or until golden brown and juices un clear, turning occasionally.
- 6Drain on paper towels.
- 7In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, jelly, soy sauce, ketchup and lemon juice.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 10Place chicken wings in a greased 15"x10"x1" baking pan.
- 11Pour half of the sauce over wings.
- 12Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 13Turn wings; top with remaining sauce.
- 14Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and coating is set.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempura Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (1548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1316.9
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 480.1 mg
- Sodium 2131.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 141.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 79.8 g
- Protein 65.0 g