1/3 Photos of Tempura Batter for Fish and Vegetables
Karen From Colorado's Note:
This batter can be used for fish, shrimp or fresh vegetables such as onion rings, mushrooms, eggplant, sweet potatoes, squash, green beans, asparagus spears or whatever your heart desires.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together flour, cornstarch and salt.
- 2Make a well in the center.
- 3Combine ice water or beer and egg yolk, beating with a fork or whisk until frothy.
- 4Add all at once to dry ingredients.
- 5Slowly stir just until moistened; DO NOT over stir,a few lumps should remain.
- 6Fold in beaten egg whites.
- 7Use batter immediately.
- 8Heat oil or shortening to 400°F.
- 9Add 1 teaspoon salt.
- 10Dip fish, shrimp or vegetables into batter, swirling to coat.
- 11Fry a few pieces at a time 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- 12Drain on paper towels.
- 13Note: Make sure your vegetables are very very dry so the batter will stick better.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempura Batter for Fish and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.7
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Sodium 860.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 15.0 g