1/2 Photos of Tempura Bacon
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
....*WHAT?* Rest assured, you can tell yourself this is about the healthiest thing you could possibly eat. (Course, you can tell yourself you have 7 birch trees growing out of your left eyeball if you want – It’s not like I’m gonna argue.) ;) The measurements and yield here are approximations as I stole this recipe (Bacontarian) and it didn't come with anything useful. The author serves this with soy sauce with garlic and red pepper flakes in it. YOW!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 7 ingredients (through cayenne powder) and mix well.
- 2Fry bacon halfway to your liking.
- 3Heat about ½ inch of oil in large skillet to 350°F.
- 4Dust bacon and onion chunks with seasoned flour, shake off excess (I use a mesh colander) and place in heated oil, being careful not to crowd, which lowers the heat and allows too much oil to soak into what you’re frying.
- 5Fry to your desired doneness - (This is so subjective, I’m going to leave it up to you) – golden brown works for me.
- 6Not just for breakfast, consider also using as a garnish for a steak or on a bed of warm, braised brussels sprouts tossed in garlic and mustard.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempura Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.3
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 825.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.3 g