Recipe by SVSOUZA
I had a tempura avocado at a local Japanese restaurant and loved it. I am struggling to find a recipe online but found this on the FoodNetwork website from the show Follow That Food. There's more to the recipe with ahi tuna, but this is the portion that deals only with the avocado. Episode: Follow That Avocado
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the tempura batter right before you are ready to fry.
- The avocados should be peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- To make the batter, mix the flour, egg, and cold water together until all of the ingredients have combined.
- Dip each avocado piece into the batter and fry until golden, approximately 1 minute.
- Remove the fried avocado pieces and season.