1/1 Photo of Tempura
This is a great party dish. Everyone can pick their favorite. Fun and delicious. Sometimes I even add fruit pieces.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Assorted seafood and vegetables (I like scallops, shrimp, small halibut pieces, mushrooms, cauliflower florets, small sweet potato slices, etc), use your favorite Heat oil to 375*.
- 2Combine yolks with water; mix well.
- 3Gradually stir in the flour; stir from the bottom of the bowl, gently.
- 4Do not overstir, this is the secret of a light batter.
- 5Some flour will still float on top of the batter.
- 6Pat seafood and veggies dry.
- 7Dip pieces in batter, let drain a little.
- 8Drop a few pieces at a time into hot oil; fry for only a minute or two, till golden.
- 9Drain on paper toweling.
- 10Serve with assorted sauces for dipping.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tempura
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.2
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 6.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g