This is a great party dish. Everyone can pick their favorite. Fun and delicious. Sometimes I even add fruit pieces.
- Assorted seafood and vegetables (I like scallops, shrimp, small halibut pieces, mushrooms, cauliflower florets, small sweet potato slices, etc), use your favorite Heat oil to 375*.
- Combine yolks with water; mix well.
- Gradually stir in the flour; stir from the bottom of the bowl, gently.
- Do not overstir, this is the secret of a light batter.
- Some flour will still float on top of the batter.
- Pat seafood and veggies dry.
- Dip pieces in batter, let drain a little.
- Drop a few pieces at a time into hot oil; fry for only a minute or two, till golden.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Serve with assorted sauces for dipping.