Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Entered for safe-keeping as a special meatloaf with pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes found in California Sizzles. To toast pine nuts, bake at 300-325 Fahrenheit for 10 minutes; or skillet toast in dry skillet over medium low heat, stirring constantly until fragrant and browned. Note: it is easy to burn the nuts using the skillet method.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 12 chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all ingredients in bowl, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a loaf pan and bake until loaf pulls away from sides of pan and top is golden brown, about 50 minutes.
This is my moms favorite recipe, she won't make regular meatloaf anymore! EVER! Make sure pine nuts are well toasted for my taste though...